Advertisement

FRIEND OF MINE (AKA Bristlecone Pine) - A Recent Future Original

FRIEND OF MINE (AKA Bristlecone Pine) - A Recent Future Original INTRO: Once a year I go to California to visit a friend of mine. I only pack a pair of clothes and leave the modern world behind. I spend the full day hiking to his home on top the mountain. Standing alone in a meadow, is where I know I'll always find him.
I walk his way and I say...

CHORUS: Please tell me a story, old bristlecone pine. Please tell me a story from a better time. When the waters were free, to flow into the sea...and the forests were strong. I know you got a lot to say but I'll sit and listen to it all. And he said...

I remember gazing at the stars, a view void of planes and the sound of cars. They were the sole rulers of the night sky, when nothing else could reach that high. Oh yes, oh yes, that's a fond memory of mine. Oh yes, oh yes, an invisible relic of a better time.

CHORUS

I remember when I stood here alone, before civilization invaded my home. I was content living in solitude, now mankind and I are in a feud. Oh yes, oh yes, thats a fond memory of mine. Oh yes, oh yes, and invisible relic of a better time.

CHORUS

I remember when humans roamed free, no signs or fences telling them where they couldn't be. They walked with bare feet upon the earth below. But that was so long ago. Oh yes, oh yes, that's a fond memory of mine. Oh yes, oh yes, an invisible relic of a better time.

OUTRO: Last year I went to California, to visit a friend of mine. I found him fallen and rotting, laid down by the hands of time. Slowly, sinking into the earth. One day again the ground will give birth.
So I said my goodbye, down on one knee. And left his meadow with just one seed. I made it into a necklace to remember a friend forever missed, and anytime I'm asked about it I say....
LYRICS
Would you like to hear a story, about a friend of mine? He had many stories from a better time. When the waters were free, to flow into the sea, and the forests stood tall. I know he had a lot to say but I sat and listened, I sat and listened to it all.

Original

Post a Comment

0 Comments