Advertisement

I Found Gold! My First Of This Kind

I Found Gold! My First Of This Kind In this metal detecting episode I will find gold in form of an item I never found before.
I arrived in an unknown area without a clue what to expect (which is what I like). I started walking to my destination point but an interesting looking spot cough my eye. I decided to stop and investigate...

A few coil swings revealed that this area has already been detected. The first find gave me a clue what to expect. It looked like a piece of metal from the 40's. A coin and other items from this period of time confirmed my suspicion. The area was filled with garbage from and after the WWII era.

I walked in a small circle and came across a signal. When I spotted the find I thought, it is going to be one of these "golden" aluminum screw caps. I was wrong! I realized a split second later that I'm holding gold in my hand. It was a women's 18K gold watch! My very first... All watches I found until now were gold plated at best.

I was in a "difficult" situation after this find. Should I stay and keep investigating this spot, or should I continue with the plan and move towards my destination point?
Was the watch lost by a woman who walked at this place, or was it accidentally dumped here together with all the other 1940's garbage? The signals around it showed how lucky I was. I could have easily come across some trash first and move on, but...

I had the feeling, the woman who lost the watch, could have been at this place. I assumed, it must have been a "single loss" and decided to move forward.

I made a few finds on my way, but the area I had in mind turned out to be a bad choice. The targets were too deep, the layer of humus several inches thick. Nothing my Deus can penetrate...
It was a frustrating experience. I started to regret my decision to leave the first spot.

I used the rest of the trip to gain as much info about the area as I could. I made a straight line through several different looking parts of the forest and stopped at the most beautiful place of the entire trip.
It was a great looking forest, but I had not much time and energy left. I was also not very pleased with the way, my metal detector behaved that day... I lost trust in it, which is a very bad thing.

Psychology is one of the most important aspects of metal detecting. Place a monkey with a detector in a great spot and he will make incredible finds. But, when finds are rare and the area difficult and hopeless, every move can decide between "success" and "failure". Without trust in the machine, some decisions may change...

In this case the gold saved the day and made up for the difficult part.

I hope you had fun.
Thanks for watching!

More #MetalDetecting adventures:

Metal Detecting,Gold,Amazing Find,18K Gold Watch,Great Luck,Surprise,Skill,Intuition,Metal Detecting In The Woods,Autumn,Colorful Leaves,Nature,Relic Hunting,Treasure Hunting,Moving Through Different Sections Of The Woods,Finds From 1940's,Asmr,yt:cc=on,

Post a Comment

0 Comments