Advertisement

Couples Ultralight Gear List - Florida Trail Thru Hike

Couples Ultralight Gear List - Florida Trail Thru Hike The gear I'm using on my second Florida
Trail thru hike, this time with my girlfriend! An
ultralight 8.2lb base weight, with a two person tent,
tenkara fishing pole, stove, and pillow. Ready for
(and in the video you'll see) temps well below
freezing.

You can find a list of all items with
weights here:

We are hiking sobo, starting early January from the
northern terminus of the Florida national scenic
trail. Temperatures range from the 80s and dip
down into the 20s at night. Rain, mosquitoes,
noseeums, exposure to sun, walking through
swamp and prolonged wet conditions are all
something factored into this list.

Given this is the second time I'm doing this trail I
thought it would be interesting to see what's
changed. A mindset more on little added comforts
while still keeping a lightweight pack. It's not just
my hike but hers as well and I'd like us both to be
comfortable and avoid the sufferfest.

Ultralight,sul,super ultralight,couples hiking gear,gear list,enlightened equipment,palante,ultralight backpacking,hiking gear,Florida trail,Florida hikes,Florida hiking,Ocala,eglin,swamp hiking,ocean to lake,big Cypress,thru hike,southbound,sobo,tenkara,zpacks,national scenic trail,cheap hiking gear,

Post a Comment

0 Comments