Advertisement

SukiCat Animation [VFS Short Film] The Way We Were

SukiCat Animation [VFS Short Film] The Way We Were My final short film for the one-year, Vancouver Film School, Classical Animation program (2014-2015).

This story is based on a Live Action RolePlay that I used to participate in with friends, in Edmonton, AB.

My story specifically is of Chaya. This video shows her childhood to young adult years.
She grew up with her brother, and the two played together often. Their sibling relationship was a happy one, without much quarrel. But one day, her brother left home without a word.


This film was animated by hand. Drawn on paper, shot in FlipBook, coloured and edited in ToonBoom. Backgrounds done in Photoshop.
There's a lot about this film I would love to expand on. The project deadlines we were given meant that I had to cut a few scenes to expand on what happened as they grew up. And, of course, my drawings have gotten better since 2015 ^^;


*********************************************************


Special thanks to nelrond18 for cleaning up parts of my animation, and to Sarged3 for the musical composition!

Film]

Post a Comment

0 Comments