Advertisement

Kyla's Story - A Medical Mom's Mental Health

Kyla's Story  - A Medical Mom's Mental Health I am so thankful to be a part of Mike Lang's @mikelangstories Digital Stories Workshop where I was able to help better patient care by sharing part of my story as a medical mom. My daughter's medical team (CHIRP bowel team) from Alberta Children's Hospital hosted this workshop and gave me the opportunity to advocate for Mental Health support for parents of children who require long term hospital stays. I know that if this support was in place while I was in hospital with my daughter, that it would have lessened the impact that Complex Medical PTSD had on me when we were finally able to bring our daughter home from hospital. My hope is that by sharing my story, this video, that Mental Health support for parents will increase in many Children's hospitals. ~ Kyla Thomson ~ You can catch up on my daughter's medical journey from my Blog: Bellasmustardseed.blogspot.com and our Facebook page: Isabella's Mustard Seed

Hospital,Mom,Hacks,

Post a Comment

0 Comments