Advertisement

SUBMARINE PASSING THROUGH MINES DIORAMA-Epoxy Resin Art

SUBMARINE PASSING THROUGH MINES DIORAMA-Epoxy Resin Art Hello dear Friends and welcome back to my channel,

In this episode I have made a diorama showing a submarine passing through naval mines.

For the submarine I have used the Revell plastic kit “U Boat type VII C” with a scale 1:350.

I have made the naval mines from polymer clay and black wire. Finally, I have created the diorama inside epoxy resin. For the sea surface I have used first an application of Gell Gloss Medium and then created the surf of the waves with transparent and white silicone.

Initially I have tried to harden the chains with UV resin but they are so tiny that uv resin couldn't harden them enough and the chains were bending. I also thought to place the sub/mines on different layers of resin but usually there is a visible line between the layers and I didn't want this. Finally I also thought to hung everything from the top with a tiny thread (like I have done in my hot air balloon , jellyfish and galaxy videos) but the chains/mines were so tiny/light and it would be very difficult for them to sink inside the resin and keep straight only by gravity 😖.

So I have used cylinder resin stands for the first time in the hope that they would be invisible once inside the epoxy resin. Unfortunately, they are a little visible so this idea didn’t work out very well. I think next time I will reduce the diameter of the stands in the lathe as much as possible. Probably if they are very thin this will make them invisible but of course I will not know for sure until I try this. I guess many times we learn through trial and error and that’s ok by me.😊

I hope that you will enjoy this DIY video.

Until next time I wish you all the best,
4THECRAFT


FACEBOOK:
INSTAGRAM:
Pinterest:
Tumblr:


MUSIC
1. Hero's Theme by Twin Musicom is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution licence (
Source:
Artist:
2. Serenity- Aakash Gandhi
3. Heart Strings - Coyote Hearing

#diorama#resin#art

Revell,Diorama,Revell German Submarine,Model Kit,Ocean Diorama,Sea Diorama,sea diorama tutorial,Model Kit Tutorial,Scale Model,Navy Diorama,Scale Aircraft Model,Plastic Scale Model,plastic,epoxy resin art,resin art,DIY,tutorial,epoxy resin and wood,plastic model,crafts,How to,epoxy resin,art,realistic diorama,diorama making tutorial,dioramas and models,how to make,resin diorama,miniature,clay,polymer clay,miniatures,

Post a Comment

0 Comments